Monday, January 15, 2007

Mary and Jerri -Sharing the Paso Fino Passion



As a kid growing up in Missouri, I rode horses flying down the country roads and through the fields and the woods, loving the power beneath me and sharing that terrific partnership with my horse. I rode mostly alone, sharing the horse hobby mainly with my mother. I read horse books and magazines, my mother and I attended horse shows just to learn and observe, and when the budget allowed, I had those few magical riding lessons that I remember to this day.

When I "got back to horses" after some 20 years without them, I didn't really think that I needed any "horse friends" or to share my hobby with anyone. There is a great pleasure for me in just communicating with my horse, and I thought that was all I needed. While it is true, that I love just being with my horses, in this phase of my life I have discovered the joy of sharing my horses and my passion with others.

My greatest joy is sharing the Paso Fino Passion with my daughter, Jerri (www.learninghorses.blogspot.com). We didn't have the privilege of having horses when she was growing up, but she joined me in the Paso Fino world some six years ago, and her development as a horse woman has been amazing.

My daughter Julia has also become an accomplished horsewoman, and we have shared some beautiful moments as well on the horses, but at this point in her life, horses are not a central focus.

And...I have made wonderful horse friends as well. Sharing the horses and the horse passion has been the central focus, but without exception my "horse friends" have become my friends as well, sharing our hopes and dreams and concerns as we ride the trails, work in the clinics, and scoop the poop.

Share your horses and you share yourself!

2 comments:

learninghorses said...

*blush* awww, thanks mom! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Pony Tail Club said...

We love Jerri's blog and can't wait to learn more about Paso Fino horses.